From the office of Town Administrator Jeff Nutting, here’s the latest update on the downtown construction…
- “Proposed work for the weeks of September 5 and September 12
- Mill transitions on side streets and continue to raise castings and prep for paving.
- Pave Main Street from School Street to Pleasant Street (from the Library to St. Mary’s Church).
- Install bollards and finish sidewalk at Dean College pedestrian crosswalk.
- Complete boxcut and binder coat at Emmons and West Central streets.
- Work on underground utilities for site lighting and signals at Emmons and West Central streets.
- Begin curb installation on West Central Street on approximately September 10.
- Begin landscaping and seeding on Lincoln and Main streets.
If anyone has a question please feel free to reach out to the DPW Director, Brutus Cantoreggi, or Town Engineer, Michael Maglio, at 508-553-5500, or Jeffrey Nutting, Town Administrator, at 508-520-4949.”
You can also learn more about the construction at the next Franklin Downtown Partnership general meeting, tomorrow morning at 8:30 AM. The meeting will be held in the Dean College Campus Center’s Golder Room.